Arriving in Australia as a migrant,there are new things for you to adjust to
make your settlement in Australia easy and smooth.

Feeling "Home Sick", get a
Mobile Phone and call home. It is only natural.
You'll be Home sick for 6-12 months, so get used to it mate.  As soon as you
arrive, you will need somewhere to live in; a
Flat or a House.  You might be
eligible to get some money from the Government assistance programs, check
for this below. Also, learn about schools, transport and health services.

Related issues: Where do I settle? Which City? Which State?
What to Do
Money Issues: Get a Tax File Number:
Apply for a Tax File Number (TFN). To receive an income in Australia,
you need a Tax File Number (TFN).
Look for your Health:
The Australian Government provides help with basic medical expenses
through a scheme called Medicare.
Open a Bank Account:
Income including salary or wages and government benefits are paid
directly into your bank account. You should open a bank account within
six weeks of your arrival, as you usually need only your passport as
identification. After six weeks you will need extra identification to open
an account.
Look for a Job:
Centrelink can help you find a job, arrange for recognition of your skills
and qualifications, and to access certain courses. Centrelink can also
help you with Family Assistance payments to help with the cost of
raising children.
Enrol Your Children in School:
Under Australian law, children must attend school until they are 15
years old. You should enrol your children in a school as soon as possible.
Driving License
If you are a permanent resident visa holder and have a current driver's
licence from another country, in English or with an official translation,
you are allowed to drive for your first three months after arrival. After the
three months, if you want to drive, you will need to have the appropriate
driver's licence. This will usually require you to pass a knowledge test, a
practical driving test, and an eyesight test. In Australia, drivers' licences
are issued by state and territory governments.
New South Wales (Sydney)
Victoria (Melbourne)  
Queensland (Brisbane)
South Australia (Adelaide)
Western Australia (Perth)
Tasmania (Hobart)
Australian Capital Territory (Canberra)
Living in Sydney is different
Australia City Profile
Information about australia, city profile
Top Australian Universities Ranking
How to find job in Australia
Professional CV template
Sample Resignation Letter
How to Settle in Australia
Priority issues for new migrants
Get to know Australian from the Experts who lived or visited
Atttactions of Australia
Find palces in Australia
Make money in Australia
Make Money Online
Buy Property in australia
How to buy a used car in Australia